Re: [squid-users] Squid, ftp, and authentification

From: Anthony M. Rasat <a.m.rasat@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 20:06:16 +0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jean Baptiste Potokar" <jbpotokar@aubay.com>
To: <squid-users@squid-cache.org>
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2003 12:55 AM
Subject: [squid-users] Squid, ftp, and authentification

> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm using Squid 2.4 stable6, it works fine, except for ftp sites that
> don't
> > accept anonymous login.
> > I've tried to use the syntaxes
> > - ftp://ftpsite.com, hoping it would ask for a name and password,
but
> > it didn't and said I had non password
> > - ftp://user@ftpsite.com, hoping it would ask me for a password, but
> > still, it said I had no password
> > - ftp://user:password@ftpsite.com, and it worked, but I don't feel
> like
> > sharing my password with Internet
> >
> > Is there anybody knowing why it doesn't work like the user guide says it
> > does ?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > JB Potokar

If you are not using transparent proxy style, what happened if you loose
proxy setting from your browser ? (this way, your browser will communicate
directly with ftpserver).

If ftp server still not asking your username and password, it almost certain
that either the ftp server or your browser is misconfigured.

Regards,

Anthony M. Rasat