Re: [squid-users] IP passthrough the cache

From: Neil A. Hillard <hillardn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 14:25:41 +0000 (GMT)

Laurent,

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Laurent HENRY wrote:
> Some of the client of my network need to connect to a website using an IP
> address access lists (for a paying subscription).

> My clients can't have Internet access without the proxy, so i can't give them
> direct access to the site and bypass the squid as told in the thread.
> The foreign webserver wants to see the IP of the client and only get the IP
> of my proxy, so they are refused.
Tell the owner of the web site that your proxy IP address should be
allowed and then any of your internal clients should be able to access the
site. You can then restrict this using ACLs if you so desire.

                                Neil.

--
Neil Hillard                    hillardn@whl.co.uk
Westland Helicopters Ltd.       http://www.whl.co.uk/