[squid-users] IP passthrough the cache

From: Laurent HENRY <laurent.henry@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 12:07:07 +0100

hi,

  i come back on an old topic i found in the archives of the mailing list, a
thread named "Passthrough TCP/IP address".
I'm facing exactly the same problem now and i don't know how to resolve it.

Some of the client of my network need to connect to a website using an IP
address access lists (for a paying subscription).
My clients can't have Internet access without the proxy, so i can't give them
direct access to the site and bypass the squid as told in the thread.
The foreign webserver wants to see the IP of the client and only get the IP
of my proxy, so they are refused.
 Can i configure the proxy to make something resolving the problem ?

This case is very hard to understand for me because some client systems seems
to actually pass through and some not;this without any action from me...