Re: [squid-users] designing acl's with squid_ldap_group

From: Gerard Eviston <geviston@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 08:42:15 +1000

A few things to check:

Make sure you have an acl for authentication, eg
acl password proxy_auth REQUIRED
so that Squid can pass a username to squid_ldap_group.
Look at squid_ldap_auth if you don't already have an authentication helper.

Your filters are OK with ldapsearch, but you can also use squid_ldap_group
from the command line to be really sure.

Your http_access lines don't need "AND", and your time acls should be
9:15-11:45, not h9:m15-h11:m45.

Check the cache.log file regularly as you experiment with different
configurations.

I think you're on the right track, if you can get it working with just
http_access allow day morning

  then go a step further and use authentication
http_access deny !password
http_access allow day morning

  then, once that's working, combine it all with the external acl checks
http_access deny !password
http_access allow day morning earlymorningtea
http_access allow day evening sundowner

Good luck
Gerard