[squid-users] [Fwd: Authentication with Apache 2.0]

From: John Francis Lee <jfl@dont-contact.us>
Date: 24 Jan 2003 11:54:27 +0700

Sorry for the forward, I just followed directions in the manual page at
first and tried to submit this while unsubscribed.

--
John Francis Lee <jfl@robinlea.com>

attached mail follows:

Hello,

No matter what I do I seem unable to use Basic Authentication with
Apache.

I use RedHat 8.0 and Apache 2.0 came along with it.

I've
 created a password file using htpasswd,
 entered "AllowOverride AuthConfig"
  in the <Directory> I want to limit access to
 added a .htaccess file within that same directory
  with contents as in the Apache documentation

My httpd.conf has
    LoadModule access_module modules/mod_access.so
    LoadModule auth_module modules/mod_auth.so
    LoadModule auth_anon_module modules/mod_auth_anon.so
    LoadModule auth_dbm_module modules/mod_auth_dbm.so
    LoadModule auth_digest_module modules/mod_auth_digest.so

Although Apache puts up a window asking for userid/password when I
attempt to access the directory, or its contents, I get into an endless
round of userid/password entries, with access never granted.

Can there be some interaction with suid which is preventing
authentication?

Thanks for your help.

--
John Francis Lee