RE: [squid-users] My squid is becoming t

From: Mahmood Ahmed <braveheart@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 02:19:17 +0500 (PKT)

Hi!

well in our case the server machine was a pentium 4 2.53GHz with 2Gb Ram.
while searching for the soultion of the problem we tried RH 7.1, 7.2 and
7.3 and it used to slow down even after 8-10 hours of uptime and serving
only 100 dialup users. The Top used to show us that squid was taking about
90%-95% of CPU usage while memory usage of squid was 50%-60%. we believed
that it has to do something with linux version (kernel in other words),
only becouse at the same time another same machine on RedHat 7.0 was doing
fine with the same squid configuration. as now we are out of the trouble i
would like to know (just for the sake of knowledge) what else could be
wrong if it was not the kernel.

Regards
Mahmood Ahmed
ultra.net.pk