Re: [squid-users] help with ACL's

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 25 Jan 2003 17:29:47 +0100

http_access is an ordered list of rules. The first http_access rule
where all listed acls is true will determine the fate of this request.

So you can do something like this:

http_access allow manager localhost
http_access allow manager localnetwork password

assuming localhost is an acl matching the source of the local host,
localnetwork matching your local networks and password an proxy_auth acl
requiring login..

You cannot use the simple cachemgr_passwd for selective access control,
but neither do you need to as shown above.. for more detailed access
control levels you can use the urlpath acl to match specific cachemgr
actions.

--
Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
MARA Systems AB, Sweden