Re: [squid-users] IP passthrough the cache

From: Colin Campbell <sgcccdc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 09:14:37 +1000

Hi,

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 13:55:25 +0100
Laurent HENRY <laurent.henry@ehess.fr> wrote:

> i didn't know this URL, thank you !
> It reports good parameters:
> source address: IP of my proxy
> forwarded from: my IP
> ...but the website send me back the IP of my proxy and deny me access.
> I'll need to test it on the MS workstations to find what it answers (i
> insists, sometimes it recognizes the IP instead of the squid's IP! )
>
> Thank you for the examples, i don't need other one than NAT to tell it is a
> strange method of filtering...

This is a bit out of left field and I haven't been following that closely but
I'll throw in my thoughts anyway :-)

If I remember correctly, your MS workstations, going through squid work fine.
Other machines, going through the same squid don't. Are they all running the
same browser? Has this come down to the MS boxes run IE and work while
everything else, running other browsers fails?

Colin

--
Colin Campbell
Unix Support/Postmaster/Hostmaster