Re: [squid-users] Skipping Banned List

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 10:12:20 +0100

Ben White wrote:

> Henrik,

 Good morning from Henrik 9812.23 :-)

> someone mentioned at the squid forum recently that he
> is running a school, so he would like to have limited
> access for the students,
> while the adults/administrators can have unblocked
> access. I was unable to find this archive and the
> suggested solution in
> http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/.
>
> I need to do something similar to this. I have a
> banned list. How can I allow unlimited / unblocked to
> the internet by the priviledged
> users (by skipping the banned list) ? I'm not using
> any user authentication programs. Both normal and
> priviledged users are on the
> same network segment. Can I acheive the different
> levels of access without using any authentication
> programs or defining the IP
> addresses ?

  There will have to be some criterium at least for your blocking
 mechanism as to who is privileged or not.
 I use squidguard (http://www.squidguard.org/).

 In my case IP addresses are being used.
 This may not always be feasible, for instance if dynamic dhcp
 is being used. That is not the case at our site.

 M.