[squid-users] Proxy forwarding problem

From: Kundiger, Rick <RKundiger@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 10:34:09 +0900

Here is the problem. I have a local proxy that I use for all my regional
users to get their cached info from. However, my home HQ site has it's own
proxy as well. Now the trick is, certain parts of the home site's firewall
will only allow people through that are using the HQ proxy.

Since none of my users are using HQ proxy they can't get in. So I figured
setup a parent-sibling relationship, this didn't work. I know I am doing it
wrong I just can't figure out how to do it right. Here is my current config

cache_peer proxy.hq.blah.blah.com sibling 8080 3120 (this is hq proxy
server)
cache_peer proxy.gj.blah.blah.com parent 8080 3120 (this is my proxy server)
neighbor_type_domain parent blah.com

Now, this just causes forwarding loops. If I comment out myself as the
parent then it doesn't seem to do anything and proxying is really slow.
Somehow I need to forward packets to blah.com via the HQ proxy server and
all other traffic goes through my server.

anyone know how to do this?

Thanks
Rick