[squid-users] external_acl/auth_proxy and deny_info

From: Piccoli, Lucio <Lucio.Piccoli@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 15:12:05 +1100

hi all,

I am trying to differentiate between the authentication and authorisation
errors. But i can't seem to distinguish between an error generated by the
external_acl return 'ERR' and the auth_proxy returns 'ERR'. Both errors
become ERR_NO_AUTH. I would have thought that the authentication failing
would generate a separate error to the authorisation. Is this possible?

Any help is most appreciated

[snip of config]

external_acl_type quota_acl ttl=900 %LOGIN
/usr/local/squid/libexec/quota_acl
auth_param basic program /usr/local/squid/libexec/squid_ldap_auth

acl quota external quota_acl
acl ldap_auth proxy_auth REQUIRED

http_access deny bannedsites
http_access deny !quota
http_access deny !ldap_auth

http_access allow externalnets
http_access allow no_auth_hosts
http_access allow auth_hosts quota ldap_auth

# the error page
deny_info ERR_NO_QUOTA ldap_auth
deny_info ERR_BANNED bannedsites
deny_info ERR_NO_AUTH quota