[squid-users] Missing ICP queries

From: Emmanuel Duros <emmanuel.duros@dont-contact.us>
Date: 29 Jan 2003 18:53:18 +0100

Hi,

I am writing an application that listens to ICP Queries from squid. Upon
reception of the query the application replies with an ICP_MISS
pkt. Then my application asks for the URL contained in the Query and
does some processing on the page...

I use a browser that connects to squid to surf the web. I would expect
squid to always send ICP queries to my application for pages/objects
that are not in the cache. However I can notice that quite often squid
does not send ICP query for missing pages.

My feeling is that I have to wait for a few seconds between clicks on
html links in order to always get the ICP query from squid.

Is there anything I can do to force squid to always send ICP queries ???

Thanks,
Emmanuel