Re: [squid-users] Missing ICP queries

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 00:01:00 +0100

Normally Suqid sends a ICP query on each and every cache miss request
(not just page.. there is no such thing as "page" in HTTP).

If squid thinks your application is dead then it will stop sending ICP
queries for a short while to not waste bandwidth. A peer is declared
dead if no valid ICP responses have been received after a timeout.. In
such case the event is logged in cache.log.

Other cause may be the fact that peers is only used for hierarchical
requests. Meaning that any requests which either matches
hierarchy_stoplist or is using a uncacheable HTTP method will by default
go directly to the origin server, bypassing any cache_peer options.