Re: [squid-users] IE6 / Authentication Problems

From: Tim Bernhardson <TBERNHAR@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 10:00:50 -0800

Simon:

I have this running (squid 2.5Stable 1 base, squid_ldap_auth from 2.6DEVEL-20021212, stunnel 3.22 on Mandrake 8.1 talking to a Novell 5.1 box).

Make the changes to squid_ldap_auth.c for
*searchfilter = "(&cn=%s)(objectClass=person))"
*binddn = "cn=user,o=tld";
*bindpasswd = "password";

Unless you can get your Novell Admin to disable the requirement for SSL when sending passwords (or possibly when 2.6 goes stable) you need to run stunnel and talk through it to the Novell Server.

stunnel -c -d localhost:8636 -r novellsrvr:636

squid.conf
authenticate_program /usr/local/squid/libexec/squid_ldap_auth -b o=tld localhost:8636

acl ldap proxy_auth REQUIRED

http_access allow localhost

Tim Bernhardson
Senior Technical Engineer
Certified Citrix Metaframe Administrator
Certified CyberGuard Administrator
Certified AIX 4.3 System Administrator
Sun-Maid Growers of California
7273 Murray Drive, Ste 18
Stockton, CA 95210

tbernhar@sunmaid.com

>>> "Simon Magee" <SMagee@bottomline.co.uk> 01/29/03 08:56AM >>>
I am also trying to get the authentication working with Squid, (Version
2.4.STABLE6) and Novell LDAP server, but at the moment I am tearing my
hair out!!! Can you give me some pointers?

Thanks

Simon.

>>> Rob Poe <rob@poeweb.com> 01/29 4:10 pm >>>
NOTICE: This email originated from a source external to Bottomline
Technologies
Europe. As the internet is not a secure environment you may wish to
verify
the contents. Any email entering or leaving the Bottomline
Technologies Europe
Corporate Email System may be subject to archival and review by someone
other
than the intended recipient.
=========< postmaster@bottomline.co.uk >==========

Yes! Perfect! Thank you Colin!

If you call Microsoft at 1-800-936-4900 and refer this KB article
they will send you a link to the patch at NO charge.

Is there any way we could get a little blurb about this problem into
the
squid-cache FAQ?

rob

Colin Campbell wrote:

> I haven't looked but is this it?
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=kb;en-us;331906
>
> On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 22:32:20 -0600
> Rob Poe <rob@pNOSPAMoeweb.com> wrote:
>
> > Am looking for more information regarding the IE6 / Squid
Authentication
> > problem.
> >
> > Is there a fix? I've seen it alluded to, but cannot find the mail
> > message
> > that references this issue.
> >
> > I successfully (finally) got Squid (2.4STABLE7) to authenticate
against
> > a Novell LDAP server using GROUP authentication (whew) but am up
> > against this issue, as we've deployed a bunch of machines with
Win2k/IE6

> > Any help would be appreciated!
> >
> > Rob
>
> Colin
> --
> Colin Campbell
> Unix Support/Postmaster/Hostmaster
> CITEC
> +61 7 3227 6334

NOTICE: All email sent to or from this address will be received by the
Bottomline Technologies Europe Corporate Email System and is subject to
archival and review by someone other than the intended recipient.
Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and not
necessarily the Company. This email and any files transmitted with it
are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient
or the person responsible for delivering to the intended recipient, be
advised that you have received this email in error and that any use is
strictly prohibited. All email accounts hosted by this Company are
corporate email accounts which exist for the purpose of supporting
the business activities of this Company. These accounts and their contents
remain at all times the property of this Company. They are not personal
email accounts and must not be used for the purpose of exchanging
Sensitive Personal Information as defined by the UK Data Protection
Act 1998 (1998 c29). Please address an enquiry regarding this notice to
postmaster@bottomline.co.uk

Bottomline Technologies Europe Ltd, Chatham Street, Reading, RG1 7JX, UK.
Tel: +44 (0)118 925 8250
http://www.bottomline.co.uk