Re: [squid-users] AD auth with squid 2.5

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 22:49:04 +0100

Daniel Barron wrote:

> > For information on how to configure Squid-2.5 see the documentation of
> > squid_ldap_auth and squid_ldap_group, both shipped with the Squid
> > sources.
>
> I have the squid 2.5S1 source and can only find a squid_ldap_group helpers
> dir. It contains only a man file which is also the only documentation I
> can find at the below url.

The LDAP auth helper is in
  squid-2.5.STABLE1/helpers/auth/basic/LDAP/

The LDAP group helper is in
  squid-2.5.STABLE1/helpers/external_acl/ldap_group/

Both have a man page describing their options and use. (well.. the group
helper does not have much examples in the 2.5.STABLE1 version, but more
info is found in current 2.5.STABLE nightly snapshots or on the ldap
group helper home page..)

> I followed the docs to write the acl lines and after checking again they
> look correct. But squid is not prompting for a user/pass as I would expect.
>
> Whats wrong with what I've done? What do I need to do to get squid to
> prompt for the user/pass?

You need to configure authentication. This is done via the auth_param
directive. See the squid_ldap_auth documentation in it's man page and
the "auth_param basic" directive documentation in squid.conf.default.

also you need to use the acl lines in http_access somewhere..