Re: [squid-users] How do I set the sotrage up in the most efficient way?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 10:21:42 +0100

Raid2-5 is not good for Squid cache drives due to their high write
penalty for small random writes.

For the cache use either individual drives, or two RAID1 sets.

What was the reasoning to select RAID3?

reiserfs is a good filessytem candidate.

There is no benefit in performance to split the cache in multiple
partitions. What matters for cache performance is how many of your
drives you can keep busy doing different operations.. but for
maintenance and recovery purposes it is a good idea to not make the
cache partition too large, perhaps not more than twice the amount of
cache you plan on using.