[squid-users] Re: 2.5.STABLE2 soon?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 09:43:32 +0100

Phil Oester wrote:

> I'd like to help, but since I only use Squid transparently, I can't
> help test the auth patch you mention.

Most of the tests should be done in a lab so it does not really matter
how you use Squid in production.

> I would, however, offer that the corruption problems which I helped
> track down are more than cosmetic in nature. In fact, I'd suggest
> fixing the download corruption _alone_ is worthy of STABLE2.

I agree that the aufs object corruption bug is probably alone worthy a
STABLE2, but unfortunately it overlaps in time with the first batch of
authentication fixes which turned out to not be sufficient. This means
that the 2.5.STABLE2 release is blocked by the pending authentication
fixes.