[squid-users] squid weirdness

From: Rolf Schatzmann <rolf@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 04:48:50 +0800

Hi,

I am running Squid 2.4.7-1 on a Debian Potato system with the 2.4.19 =
kernel. I have been running squid for about a year on this box with no =
problems. Suddenly last week the cache started giving timeout errors =
within a fraction of a second of requesting the page. The addresses in =
question all resolve OK and it does the same thing if I use IPs. If you =
keep hitting refresh it sometimes draws part of the page and sometimes =
the whole thing, but nearly always comes back with the read timeout, no =
url page.

I have been through squid.conf and tried everything that seemed sane, =
the read timeouts are set to normal default values.

I tried nuking and rebuilding the cache but no effect. I can restart =
squid and it still does the same thing, I have tailed all the log files =
on max debug (500MB cache.log in about 3 mins!) but I can't find any =
obvious cause, squid reports a cache miss most of the time.

The only thing that fixes the problem is a complete restart of the =
server, after that it works fine for a few to several hours.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Rolf