Re: [squid-users] transparent proxy using wb_ntlm auth

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 06:23:47 -0600

 From squid.conf:

# # WARNING: proxy_auth can't be used in a transparent proxy. It
# # collides with any authentication done by origin servers. It may
# # seem like it works at first, but it doesn't.

 From the FAQ:

17.15 Can I use proxy_auth with interception?

No, you cannot. With interception proxying, the client thinks it is
talking to an origin server and would never send the Proxy-authorization
request header.

Seems obvious enough to me.

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>