RE: [squid-users] Squid2.4 & /etc/hosts

From: Jay Turner <jturner@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 09:02:45 +0800

But it is maintained by Red Hat who backport any security patches to the 2.4
version they ship with 7.3.

If you could please re-read my post you will note that I have recompiled
with --disable-internal-dns and it successfully references /etc/hosts for
http:// pages. My question relates to https:// pages and having squid do a
local lookup from somewhere for the IP address rather than fetching it from
the DNS (as it does with /etc/hosts for http:// requests).

Regards
Jay