RE: [squid-users] Squid2.4 & /etc/hosts

From: Jay Turner <jturner@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 16:04:12 +0800

I will have to double check. The server is offsite, so I will need to go and
run some more tests. We have bypassed the issue by allowing users to connect
directly to this address via the BorderManager child.

I am just pursuing this now in order to determine if this is actually a bug
that needs fixing so it won't affect others in the future.

If http://webmail.company.com shows the IP as being the internal IP, would
this suggest there is a bug with the https:// code?

If http://webmail.company.com also shows the external IP, then the problem
is elsewhere?

We are using squidGuard, but it is not actually blocking anything, just
passing all traffic through unrestricted (Admin users).