Re: [squid-users] Proxy authentication - PXY1

From: HeadsUp Support <headsup_popup@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 16:05:32 -0800 (PST)

--- David O'Sullivan <dosullivan@opteconltd.com>
wrote:

> The problem is that what I would like is for users
> to be initially presented
> with a disclaimer form which they must accept before
> the proxy
> authentication is offered. If they don't accept they
> are not allowed through
> the proxy and presented with a decline screen.
>
> Is there an accepted method for achieving this
> client/server interaction and
> still use proxy authentication. I guess the use of
> Apache to display these
> pages is a must (OR can squid be bent to do these
> tasks).

This will probably require some coding on your behalf.

An alternative approach is to use "HeadsUp". This
won't give you exactly what you want but it may be
worth a look. It is at

http://www.freewebs.com/headsup

No compiling necessary just copy 2 files and run. To
uninstall just delete the 2 files.

Kind Regards

Jeff Smith