[squid-users] Host Acceleration.

From: Neil Marjoram <n.marjoram@dont-contact.us>
Date: 06 Feb 2003 11:05:22 +0000

I am hoping someone can help me with 3 problems I am having deploying
Squid.

I have a very restricive brief from management about how this should
work, and a large quote from some company to make it work - which we can
not afford as a charity, but no evidence it will work!!

I have a web site which has a CMS with all pages set not to cache, in
front of this is an Apache server with various cache settings in a
'static' web site.

My problem:

A) Overide the cache setting, and cache all pages from our sites in my
cache server.

B) Make sure that we don't allow any other cache to cache our site
(unfortunate but our charity funding is dependant on supplying stats
from our web server, which is why our legacy CMS is set to not cache.)

C) Supply statistics in Apache combined log format, or in a format that
can supply all the information about referers, robots, searches, hits
and users etc.

If anyone can help with any of there issues I would be most grateful.

Many thanks,

Neil.

--
Neil Marjoram <n.marjoram@vam.ac.uk>