[squid-users] cache size

From: Rodney Richison <rodney@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 09:57:36 -0600

Have been lurking and watching, but do not find much info on cache size =
recommendations and trade-off in speed. Would like, of course to have =
the largest cache known to man. :)

Machine is 2gz and can put in as much ram as we need.

So if I've 40 or 60 gigs to give squid, will I slow it down by making to =
big of a cache? I'd like to cache big files as well as small ones =
without sacrificing speed. In other words, I want my cake and eat it =
too. :)

I guess my question is, is there a penalty or downside to a giant cache? =
Any suggestions welcome. I am a newbie.

Highest Regards
Rodney Richison
918-358-1111