Re: [squid-users] winbindd - squid wb_group authentication

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 22:41:49 +0100

For Squid use you can completely ignore all winbind documentation
speaking about PAM or NSS. Squid talks directly to winbind, not via PAM
or NSS. In fact you can even compile winbind with both PAM and NSS
disabled when only used by Squid.

If you want to use winbind for UNIX account integration, making Windows
accounts visible as UNIX accounts on your UNIX server then the PAM and
NSS components of winbind is important, but this is not related to Squid
in any manner.