Re: [squid-users] IIOP

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 07 Feb 2003 17:33:30 +0100

Squid is a HTTP proxy and only deals with HTTP traffic.

For other traffic Squid is generally not involved at all.

For java applets to be able to open direct network connections when
downloaded via a proxy you need to either have the applet signed by a
trusted key or reconfigure the security properties of the java runtime
in the browser to allow applets downloaded via proxies to open direct
network connections.. (details varies with browser). And this
obviously only works if the client computer can reach the Internet
directly without using application level proxies.

If the policy of the organization there the client is located requires
the use of application level proxies for Internet access then an IIOP
proxy is most likely required to be installed in the clients
organization, and the applet rebuilt to be able to use IIOP proxies (if
there even is such a thing, IIOP is not an area familiar to me)

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid developer

--