Re: [squid-users] ACL Syntax and Preference

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 11 Feb 2003 21:59:25 +0100

You need to split the list in two, one for IP addresses and one for
domains/hostnames.

A simple grep can do the job..

grep '^[0-9.]*$' blocklist.txt > blocklist_ip.txt
grep -v '^[0-9.]*$' blocklist.txt > blocklist_domain.txt

then define two acls in squid

acl blocked_ip dst "/path/to/blocklist_ip.txt"
acl blocked_domain dstdomain "/path/to/blocklist_domain.txt"

And no Marc, SquidGuard is not faster for such lists than Squid when
used correctly, in fact using SquidGuard is a great deal slower except
for startup time (squid is missing the "db" functionality of SquidGuard
and have to parse the whole list on each startup/reconfigure). But
SquidGuard is considerably easier to configure.

--
Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
MARA Systems AB, Sweden