Re: [squid-users] can't handle the traffic

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 11 Feb 2003 22:07:20 +0100

tis 2003-02-11 klockan 20.20 skrev Mike Rambo:

> suggesting to set that parameter higher). The real problem was ipchains.
> Basically you can't use it - at least by itself although our consultant
> says that augmenting ipchains with tproxy will work. Last night we moved

Linux-2.4 ipchains emulation REDIRECT target is broken in Linux-2.4.0 to
Linux-2.4.18 or somewhere around there, giving a kernel memory leak
successive decrading the system performance down to complete lockup...
see the Linux kernel changelogs for exact version as I do not remember
or care. iptables should be used on Linux-2.4 as iptables is the native
packet filtering and NAT framework for Linux-2.4 and using the barely
maintained ipchains emulation is only begging for problems.

--
Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
MARA Systems AB, Sweden