Re: [squid-users] delay_pools

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 03:32:00 +0100

Simon Bryan wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am trying to find out if delay_pools canbe used with:
> a. external acls such as winbind

partly.. if the acl ttl is high, and you first enforce it in http_access
then it will work almost all time.. (but may occationally fail when the
ttl expires inbetween http_access checks and delay_access)

> b. proxy_auth acls - where the list of users is read from a file

Yes, if using a recent Squid-2.5.STABLE1-200302XX snapshot, or
2.5.STABLE2. As with external acls the authentication needs to be
enforced in http_access however.. (but once enforced there, other
authentication based acls may be used in delay_access).

> I find many references to delay_pools but they all seem to use the IP
> address to differentiate between clients.

Delay pools is quite IP oriented, with one pool per IP address..