Re: [squid-users] How to mark sertain objects in the cache ?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 03:28:56 +0100

The first question to address is how to read the ToS/DS value on the
received traffic.

I know how to set the ToS/DS value on traffic generated by Squid, but
have yet to find a method where UNIX applications can read the ToS/DS
value of received TCP/IP traffic (I know how to do so for UDP/IP
traffic, but the same method does not work for TCP/IP).

Once that is done, forwarding the ToS/DS value on cache misses is not
very hard, and it should not be much of a problem to add this to the
object metadata either for future cache hits..