[squid-users] Not using parent proxy

From: Mark A Lewis <mark@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 17:25:44 -0600

I am having some real problems with a squid box not using its parent
proxies.

Here is what I have setup proxy.foo.com configured with 2 parent proxies
(parent1.foo.com and parent2.foo.com) with round-robin no-query
proxy-only options.

There are no parents/siblings setup on parent1 or parent2, each has a
different visible hostname.

Here is the problem, proxy.foo.com is not sending any requests to the
parents. It always tries to retrieve the page itself. Am I missing
something here? If there is a parent defined does squid always use it?
If it isn't why not? I assume that I do not have to tell the parents
about the "child".

Here is a snipit from my squid.conf on proxy.foo.com

cache_peer parent1.foo.com parent 3128 3130 no-query round-robin
proxy-only
cache_peer parent2.foo.com parent 3128 3130 no-query round-robin
proxy-only

Any ideas or other information that would help?

This message was virus scanned at siliconjunkie.net and
any known viruses were removed. For a current virus list
see http://www.siliconjunkie.net/antivirus/list.html