[squid-users] advice on squid configuration for specific application

From: Alex Sharaz <A.Sharaz@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 17:10:24 +0000

hi all,

Got a small problem here that i'm looking for advice on.

Our university is to set up a "portal service" here and wants to have
access to it frontended by our web caches, the main reason being that I've
configured the caches to selectively require authentication based upon the
source subnet so they wouldn't have to worry about authentication to their
system using anything other than at the IP address level.

The trouble is that I'm not sure if I can do it using a squid cache or not.

Suppose the idea is

outside world ..... accessing URL with portal.ac.uk ..... pointing to squid
cache which access .....> real server with different domain name of
fred.hull.ac.uk

don't think its possible but just in case it is ....

TIA

alex

Sent using Mulberry 3.01a