Re: [squid-users] a problem with access denied

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 18 Feb 2003 08:39:35 +1100

On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 05:03, Andreas Meyer wrote:
> Hello!

> But now the problem. As soon as I configure the proxy in the Netscape
> cache-settings I get an Access denied.

You need to enable acceleration *and* proxying if you want this.
see httpd_accel_with_proxy.

Generally though, I would suggest you don't do this and instead use a
separate squid instance for browsing - its harder to make configuration
mistakes leading to an open proxy, when your proxy is protected by a
firewall.

Rob

--
GPG key available at: <http://users.bigpond.net.au/robertc/keys.txt>.