[squid-users] MRTG chart shows lower throughput

From: Nguyen Phuc Bao An <annpb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 15:14:41 +0800

Hi all !
We currently have a Squid Cache (Version 2.4.STABLE6) installed on a =
FreeBSD box (OS 4.7). This cache was placed behind a PIX FIREWALL 515 =
connected directly to a Cisco Router 3600.
Prior the days when we had not put our cache to our campus, the MRTG =
chart monitoring the throughout from the serial interface on the Cisco =
3600 showed exactly the true value of our bandwidth (128 kbps)
BUT from the time when we placed the cache behind the PIX FIREWALL, the =
value of throughout showed on the MRTG chart was LOWER than its true =
value
So why did the value of throughput change ?
Please help me why ?