Re: [squid-users] How often is my cache cleared ?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 19 Feb 2003 15:03:27 +0100

All of these parameters only relate to how long Squid remembers that a
specific login:password combination if valid or remembers that it has
ever seen the user accessing the cache.

The browser authenticates to Squid on each and every request. The only
reason why you do not see the login box all the time is because your
browser remembers what you typed and reuses the same information for the
duration of the browsing session, where the meaning of browsing session
is defined by your browser, not Squid, usually until you close the
window or sometimes until you quit the whole browser.

--
Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
MARA Systems AB, Sweden