Re: [squid-users] Hotmail and Messenger through auth proxy?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 19 Feb 2003 15:05:05 +0100

ons 2003-02-19 klockan 11.00 skrev Boniforti Flavio:
> Hy everybody again!
>
> My proxy requires authentication, but this seems to stop me from
> accessing MSN Messenger and Hotmail (this one through OL Express)...
>
> Any clue what I should do?
> The "access.log" file show me a "TCP DENIED/407" Error, which is saying
> me: "I require authentication!"...

It does.

So you need to convince the user agent you are using that authentication
is a good thing and needs to be supported when using proxies..

Alternatively reconfigure your proxy to not require authentication for
the required sites..

--
Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
MARA Systems AB, Sweden