RE: [squid-users] Can Ntlm Authenticate to multiple domain controllers?

From: Mark A Lewis <mark@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 17:38:08 -0600

This is normally a function that is done by 2k DNS (assuming 2000/XP
clients). If you can have Samba emulate a WINS server and have it query
it and create DC records in there it may accomplish this. Possibly as a
secondary WINS to a native 2k WINS instead of manual updates.

I would think that WINS would be the easiest option for this, since I
know samba can query a WINS server. The big question is how Samba
locates DC's. It may be better to direct this at some Samba folks.