Re: [squid-users] Question about Squid 2.5-STABLE1 cachemgr.cgi

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 09:01:45 +0100

The manager name and password fields has always been there.

Normally you only need to fill in the manager name with something.

If you protect cachemgr actions with cachemgr_passwd in squid.conf
then you need to type the correct password in the password field to
perform those actions.

If you configure the proxy to use proxy authentication for accessing
cache_object:// URLs then a valid usename+password needs to be filled
in', and the password must also match cachemgr_password (if set).

I think your problem is in the first two fields, hostname + port.
These two fields need to be filled in with the address and port where
Squid is listening for HTTP request (http_port in squid.conf)