[squid-users] Question about Squid 2.5-STABLE1 cachemgr.cgi

From: <Tom.Williams@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 17:28:38 -0800

Hi! Ok, I've been running Squid 2.5-STABLE1 with no problems for a LONG
time now and I'm very happy with it. I've run previous versions of Squid
since 2.3-STABLEx. Today, I decided to run the cachemgr.cgi script to see
how my proxy is behaving and when I access cachemgr.cgi via my browser (and
Apache on my proxy box) I get the login page with the Cache Host, Cache
Port, Manager name, and password fields. In previous versions of Squid, I
never saw the "Manager name" and "password" fields displayed.

What do I specify in these fields? I tried specifying "root" and root's
password by the connection to Squid just timed out (error code 110).

I tried seaching the mailing list archives and only found messages dated ca
1996 and couldn't find anything related to Squid 2.5.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance....

Peace....

Tom