[squid-users] Use of tcp_outgoing_address

From: Mark A Lewis <mark@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 21:27:57 -0600

I will be setting up a squidnt machine with 2 interfaces. Each with its
own gateway on its respective network and the "bottom" having the
lower/preferred metric. I would like to use tcp_outgoing_address to send
squid traffic out the "top" gateway but have all other traffic continue
to use the "bottom" gateway. Does anyone know if it will use the default
gateway configured for that interface or try to use the normal default
gateway. The basic goal here is to force websurfing traffic to use only
the cheap/slow bandwidth. I won't have a chance to set this up and test
it for a little while and I am just trying to figure out if this is a
lost cause.

My assumption is that it will use the gateway for that interface/address
since it wont be able to reach the "default" gateway from that
interface.

If it would help I could whip up a diagram to clarify.

This message was virus scanned at siliconjunkie.net and
any known viruses were removed. For a current virus list
see http://www.siliconjunkie.net/antivirus/list.html