[squid-users] Transparent Proxying on Solaris 8 with no HOST header

From: Gary Price \(ICT\) <gprice@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 12:45:33 +1000

I am trying to get transparent proxying to work on Solaris 8 in the case
where there is no HOST header in a request.
Transparent proxying in the case where there is a HOST header works.
The reason I want to support the no HOST header case is that there is an
application that I want to proxy that does not supply the HOST header.
I am redirecting port 80 packets to port 8080 on squid 2.3STABLE5 using a
64-bit version of ipfilter.
I have modified the code that looks up the original desination IP so it is
similar to that in squid-2.5STABLE1.
The ioctl call to read the original destination IP address fails with
"invalid parameter".
I believe that this is because I am using a 32-bit binary for squid, but
ipfilter is a 64-bit binary running in kernel mode.
That means the address I pass for the NAT lookup information struct is not a
valid 64 bit address.
This view is supported by a post to IPFilter by Darren Reed.
Is anyone using a 64-bit bit build of squid on Solaris 8 or later?
Are instructions on compiling squid in 64-bits available?
Has anyone developed a way to get the required information from IPFilter,
for example using interprocess communication?

Thanks
Gary Price
Intelligent Compression Technologies