Re: [squid-users] Transparent Proxying on Solaris 8 with no HOST header

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 12:18:11 +0100

This is mainly a queston to the IP-Filter developers on how to make
their interface 64/32 bits compatible. In Squid we just make use of
IP-Filter if available via the interface provided by IP-Filter, and if
this interface does not work then Squid cannot use it.

Btw, IPC would not work as IP-Filter is a kernel level module, not a
process.

To compile Squid as 64 bit see your compiler manual on how to compile
applications as 64 bit, then adjust the Squid build process accordingly
either by setting CFLAGS when running configure (see configure --help)
or by editing the generated Makefiles afterwards.