[squid-users] Reverse Proxy Issues

From: Brian Kondalski <brian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 15:01:00 -0500

I have a squid server (2.5.STABLE1) running on a RedHat Linux 7.2 system. It is
doing reverse proxy caching of jpeg and gif images on a back end website. Everything
seems to be working well (no strange log messages, performs well, etc) other than a
very small percentage of the users keep getting broken images from the squid server.
There does not seem to be any common thread with these users (OS, Browser, Firewall,
etc). And these same photos are getting delivered to MANY people without issue. But
the same people seem to consistently get broken images.

Does any one have any ideas on what I can look at to trouble shoot this problem further?
What can I ask the users? I have been unable to reproduce this problem at all on
local browsers (various types, various OSes). Any help our clues here would be greatly
appreciated. Currently we are only using squid to cache a portion of the website and
I want to turn it lose on it all. But until I solve this problem it's hard to justify
doing this.

Brian

--
Brian Kondalski           brian@kondalski.org
"Tae the feet o' the bright aurora, that dance tae the elfin lyres."