Re: [squid-users] Redirecting without DIRECT possible ?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 24 Feb 2003 11:48:25 +0100

If Squid is already listening on the port all your firewall needs to do
is to accept the packets..

What you are trying to do is called "acceleration" in the Squid
documentation. Pretty straight forward, but for security reasons it is
recommended that the Squid used for acceleration is only used for that
purpose, with a separate Squid running if you are also providing proxy
services to your user.

--
Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
MARA Systems AB, Sweden