Re: [squid-users] ACL with iptables MARK match 0x?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 24 Feb 2003 15:09:58 +0100

The iptables packet mark (mark/fwmark) is to my knowledge not available
to TCP/IP applications like Squid, only to packet related code within
the kernel such as iptables, routing etc..

What you can do is to set use multiple http_port directives in Squid,
and have iptables send the traffic to different Squid ports depending on
the criterias. You can then differentiate the traffic by the "myport"
acl. May collide with transparent proxying however as Squid-2.5 and
earlier does not differentiate between "myport" and "intended
destination port" for transparently proxied requests..

--
Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
MARA Systems AB, Sweden