[squid-users] External ACL Problem WILL NOT SHUTDOWN NICELY!!!!

From: admin <admin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 15:52:29 -0700

I know I have posted about this a couple of days ago, but no help has really
been given. I have tried the SQUID build
from February 23rd, and I still get an external ACL problem when shutting
down..

I start the external ACL with this in the squid.conf

external_acl_type referer concurrency=45 %DST %{Referer}
/opt/squid/libexec/referer.pl
acl REFERER external referer

It does have 45 instances of it running when squid stops, and each of our
squid boxes do get a LOT of traffic. They each constantly push about 15
Mbit of data.

Anyway, when I do a squid -k shutdown I get THOUSANDS PER SECOND error
messages in cache.log saying:

2003/02/23 21:50:02| externalAclLookup: 'referer' queue overload
2003/02/23 21:50:02| externalAclLookup: 'referer' queue overload
2003/02/23 21:50:02| externalAclLookup: 'referer' queue overload
2003/02/23 21:50:02| externalAclLookup: 'referer' queue overload
2003/02/23 21:50:02| externalAclLookup: 'referer' queue overload

And I will keep getting this message until I do a

killall squid

I know there have supposed to have been fixes to this in the last few days,
but when I build I don't see it. I simply can NOT shut down cleanly which
means I get dirty cache everytime?? Is this a problem with external ACLs
that people know about and plan on fixing, or should I be out looking for an
alternative?

I will also willing to pay to have this problem fixed if someone knows. We
make little changes to our squid all the time and we need a reliable way to
shutdown the server.

Thanks to all!

Matt