Re: [squid-users] My squid is becoming tooo slow

From: Mahmood Ahmed <braveheart@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 03:22:31 +0500 (PKT)

> I've installed RedHat8.0 and using Squid 2.4 Stable7.
> still my squid becomes slow. let me explain it to you in detail.
> i could see that caching is working fine. Becuz the sites which
> contains lots of images loading very fast from all the clients.
> but when there are somany users (8-9) everything becomes very
> slow. especially the sites which contains only text(eg:
> yahoo,google etc.).
> images are loading quite fine. when i click any submit button it
> takes long time to respond.
> i went through access.log and cache.log. there r nothing unusual
> at all.
> pls suggest.

1- do you have any stats of available bandwidth to you on dial up and how
much bandwidth does your ISP have (in india and pakistan most ISPs usually
dont have enough bandwidth to satisfy their client's needs so is your ISP
running short of bandwidth) and how much bandwidth are you using.
2- you said the text containing pages like yahoo and google load slowly,
are these events marked as HIT or MISS in access.log ?

Mahmood Ahmed
ultra.net.pk