[squid-users] Authenticate with ISA parent

From: Matthew Robinson <matt.robinson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 10:43:08 +0000

Hi,

I've just come up against a requirement to get a local Squid proxy
talking to an upstream ISA server that requires authentication.

The same box has been used before to talk to other upstream Squid
servers that also require authentication (the standard
login=user:password parameter to cache_peer worked there fine).

With the ISA login it seems a domain needs to be specified at
authentication time too, which can't be explicitly defined with cache_peer.

I've heard that Windows authentication can (in some cases) be passed in
the format of "DOMAIN/USERNAME" as the username in order to pass both
values, but this didn't seem to work for me.

Apologies if the answer is staring me in the face, I've searched the
archives of this list & done the usual google groundwork but have come
up with nothing.

Thanks in advance,

Matt