Re: [squid-users] Authenticate with ISA parent

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 12:08:54 +0100

The ISA is configured to require "Microsoft Integrated" login over
HTTP... (technically not a HTTP authentication method, but disguises
itself as one..)

You have three options:

a) To have the ISA server reconfigured to also accept Basic
authentication, as required to be able to use the ISA proxy service
with anything else than Microsoft Explorer.. (i.e. Squid,
Netscape/Mozilla etc...) (requires cooperation from the ISA server
administrator)

b) Use a Basic->NTLM proxy gateway between Squid and the ISA server
(not the best performance..)

c) Have Squid extended to perform the NTLM negotiation to parent peers
automatically without the need for a separate Basic->NTLM
authentication gateway. (requires coding)