[squid-users] Nightly Snapshots? (was: RE: [squid-users] Restricting Authenticated Users)

From: Scott Wrosch <swrosch@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 08:31:17 -0500

Awesome! Thanks for the general direction pointing. =)

One more question before I dive into researching LDAP. I have seen it
mentioned in other posts here, but what exactly is the nightly
snapshots? Is it a development release or something? I didn't really
see anything about it when I was going through the documentation I could
find on it, and figure I might as well inquire about it.

Thanks again for getting me pointed in the right direction!

Regards,

Scott Wrosch
desk 248.333.7700 x227
email swrosch@marketingassociates.com

Suqid
> FAQ.
>
> For instructions on how to set up LDAP authentication see the LDAP
> authentication and group tools shipped with current Squid-2.5 nightly
> snapshots (what will become 2.5.STABLE2 in a not too distant future).
> There is also several posts in the squid-users archives for the last
few
> months discussing the same topic.
>

> If using LDAP then I strongly recommend experimenting a little with
> ldapsearch to get familiar to the LDAP structure of MS AD before
looking
> into the details of howto configure the Squid LDAP
authentication/group
> integration. The Squid LDAP tools is generic LDAP tools and some of
the
> parameters to these can only be understood if there is some
> understanding of the MS ActiveDirectory LDAP structure..
>
> Regards
> Henrik
>

> Scott Wrosch wrote:
>
> > What we have is a proxy that is set up to authenticate to the
Windows